Mereo is an innovative leader in the specialty biopharma sector with a focus on acquiring, developing and optimising the value of innovative medicines designed to address significant unmet medical needs in rare and specialty disease areas, and improve patient quality of life.
Why partner with us?
The founders of Mereo have a broad experience of acquiring and managing portfolios of products from pharmaceutical companies including from Astra Zeneca and Novartis. This includes the accounting, legal and operational aspects key to success
Mereo joined the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market in June 2016 after raising £90m from July 2015 from the leading healthcare investors Woodford, Invesco and from Novartis
Mereo has a strong relationship with Novartis, as provider of its initial portfolio products and also with other pharmaceutical companies both from whom we continue to seek additional product opportunities
Through its internal resources and agreement with the CRO ICON, Mereo is able to offer a comprehensive, seamless and scalable development capability facilitating rapid transfer and start-up of clinical programmes from pharmaceutical partners
The company’s internal resource have been carefully assembled to achieve an optimum balance of financial and clinical expertise, equipping it to source strong new product candidates while effectively supporting those in its current portfolio. This is also balanced by the use of external experts as required on an intermittent basis
Mereo has developed a clear set of selection criteria for new product candidates which reflect the expertise and experience of its founders as follows:
- Medicines addressing unmet medical need with compelling market potential, preferably in specialty or rare indications
- A strong scientific rationale and a comprehensive and robust package of clinically-meaningful data (proof of concept)
- A clear clinical and regulatory strategy
- A favourable competitive landscape, pricing and reimbursement positioning
- A clear, defined and financeable clinical trial route to value-creating milestones